Women Supporting Women

I had every intention of starting this new blog on August 1, but here it is August 3 and I am trying to find the words. You see, I lost myself when my husband RR died almost two years ago, and other than writing for work, I couldn't put two sentences together without cringing or beating myself up about it. (I promise- this will NOT be a sad blog.) I want to take the opportunity in this first post to thank the women who helped me up off the floor and standing back on my own two feet. I am writing this in solidarity of the campaign that purports to be about “women supporting women” and the campaign that is celebrating and recognizing women and their strengths. (The hashtag originated in Turkey, where a man named Cemal Metin Avci, murdered Pınar Gültekin, a 27-year-old Kurdish woman, in “a moment of anger”. Please, take a moment to look it up. in.news.yahoo.com/why-womensupportingwomen-b-w-selfie-180251148.html) Female friends have always played a big part in my life having been raised as an only child. My"half" sisters mean the world to me and I'm close to friends I met when I was four, and others from grade school on up. Others I met in the last 10 years and they've opened their hearts and their homes to me. A few have fallen away, but that's life, and I still appreciate the time we spent together. I've also connected with other widows- some just once or twice- but they reached out to support me. Others from high school-where we hardly knew each other- have called me and spent hours on the phone guiding me through the abyss. Others I "met" on Instagram and somehow we've formed a bond- checking up on each other now and then.
My husband knew how much my gal pals meant to me and he befriended them as well when it was possible. My best friends sometimes became HIS best friends and I know that wherever he is, he is thanking them as well.
So look- I did it! I wrote something. It's not Pulitzer-worthy, but I might do a little victory dance If I indeed figure out how to post this. Stay tuned to see what falls out of my brain in a few days. Ciao for now!

Comments

  1. Nice to hear your voice again, Candice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful and compelling start. I already want more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to stroll down this path with you....common sadness...common joy. May we have many years of support ahead of us and great joy. You are doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be this far down the path without you.

      Delete
    2. You did it once again. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. So proud of you for making forward progress even when it doesn't feel like it. Hang in ther girlfriend.

      Delete
    3. You did it once again. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. So proud of you for making forward progress even when it doesn't feel like it. Hang in ther girlfriend.

      Delete
  6. So happy to see this today. I look forward to reading more on this blog. Inch by inch, some days, leaps and bounds on others - today is a leaps and bounds day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to read this. I feel like you and I 'clicked' when meeting in Chelan oh those many years ago. You've been an inspiration to watch over the last couple years while working your way through the "abyss". As I get older, I'm learning and applying what matters to me and adjusting my life accordingly. Having someone out there that I may not be 'deeply' connected to, but still consider a friend that I would happily have more than a few glasses of wine with, who just keeps moving forward each day with the best smile and positive attitude they can for that day helps me do the same. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweetie- we did click and I see you living your best life. I hope to show others that even when the unthinkable happens we can eventually move forward.

      Delete
    2. You're very kind. I'm not living my best life, yet.. but desperately fighting and clawing my way to try and get there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts