Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign

 Do YOU believe in signs, from the Universe, or God or whatever you want to call the entity in charge of all things Woo-Woo?

I sure do.

Back in the day, when I was youngish, before menopause- I could predict earthquakes: California was having more than a few in the '80s and '90s and even though it was a cool party trick, it made me very anxious.

Things quieted down for a bit and then four years ago, when I was in Colorado, the day of the eclipse, I was walking down some stairs that were a bit rickety, and I said to myself:

"Woah, that was close. I've never broken a bone, but today could be the day."

Five hours later, I fell at a different location and had to be hospitalized. I broke 12 bones in my wrist and mangled my elbow. But...I didn't hit my head!


 Meh, it's not always fun seeing the future.

Cut to September 17, 2018: After speaking to my husband on the phone from the hospital where I was visiting my father, I decided to go out to lunch on the way home. As I walked into the restaurant, I said to myself, 

"It's a good thing I can eat at restaurants by myself, so when Ralph dies, I'll be OK."

Who the hell thinks that? That would be me.

 I enjoyed my lunch and when I got home, well, he had died.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm a witch, which is a family trait. Not like a bitch/witch, but much like a cousin of mine, a woman/widow was accused of witchcraft in Salem, Massachusets in 1692. On top of that, she had the unfortunate name of Ann Pudeator. Sigh. They hung her.


Since My husband died, I've looked for signs that he's still around, and on many occasions, I have seen them: a hawk flying into my windshield, dimes that he promised he would leave me, his name popping up in weird spots, so yeah, I'm a believer in signs from the Universe, as is my daughter.

 My son- not so much.

My son is a political scientist, a very smart, level-headed young man and also since he was a small child he's been a very black and white, right and wrong kind of guy. 

It's a fine trait, but not one he inherited from his hippy-dippy mom.

Recently, on the 2nd anniversary of his father's death, I shared a strange happening at the beach with him and he tried, unsuccessfully to explain to me that it was OK that I thought it was a sign, but it was most likely a very nice coincidence. 


I was a bit miffed, but I know my son- who misses his father and his entire family, being that he resides in a sane country called, "Canada."

A few hours later he called me.

"I was on a street that I'm not normally on and I looked down and saw this," he said.

I heard a catch in his voice and didn't ask if he believed that it was a sign, but I'm pretty sure he knew it was more than a coincidence.



I miss you too, Ralph.












Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, friend. That means a lot . #writerswrite

      Delete
  2. I go back and forth on believing... is it a sign, or do I just want it to be so I have an explanation? Either way, you're getting a sense of feeling and direction out of it in some way, so I'm pretty sure that makes it a sign. Some, like your final photo, add an additional level of ponderance and feeling for sure. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back and forth on this, and it seems as soon as I throw in the towel, I see a 'sign." Perhaps I conjure it up myself. In the end, it's nice to see something as specific as as what my son sent to me. Thank you for your words.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for this! I also have had what I hope are signs from my husband who died in 2018, starting with the morning after his death. The room where he died in our house looked so bereft after hospice had taken out the hospital bed that I moved his club chair back in and was struggling with a floor lamp. I had changed the bulb but it quit working for some reason, so I said out loud "Well, I guess you don't like that one." There was a "touch on, touch off" light on the nightstand that came on at that moment without my touching it. Before he died, he had remarked to me that he knew the life force was leaving him because he couldn't make it come on when he tapped it. That's one sign.

      Another was when I actually asked him in my mind to let me know he was still around by showing me the name "Lolita" which was our first Chihuahua's name. I figured it wasn't something you'd expect to see. A couple of weeks went by and then all of a sudden there were all these articles online about the movie "Lolita" and the book, etc. This went on for several days.

      So, yeah, I come from a witchy family too. Glad to come across your comment on D.C. Widow's website. Nice to meet you!

      Delete
    3. Hi, I love this memory you have. I don't see as many signs as I used to- apparently he is very busy where he is now- lol- according to a medium I speak to now and then. But he pops up when I really seem to need him. Thank you for reaching out- and nice to meet you as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts